Thursday, November 20, 2014

Visit to Washington Wine Country


The Tri-Cities of Washington State hosted their 37th Annual Wine Festival and I was lucky enough to attend this year! My husband and I met up with friends who work for Columbia Crest and 14 Hands Winery during the event. They had everything there from food by local catering companies and restaurants, to local breweries to 71 wineries! You could taste anything from a semi-sweet, sparkling Rose by Treveri Cellars to the most textured, silky red wine off of Red Mountain by Monte Scarlatto! There was also a live band and a silent auction in the middle of the convention center for entertainment. Working with Colorado fruit and wine, I always try to keep my palate fresh by tasting wines from other growing regions, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so! If you get a chance to visit Washington, check out the new 14 Hands facility in Prosser- you won't be disappointed!
Cheers!

No comments: